One Villager's Story
Pasadena Area Literary Arts Center
Pasadena Village Responds to Rainbow Flag Burning at Pasadena Buddhist Temple
Plan Ahead - And Be Prepared
Tuesday, May 23 Pasadena Celebrated Older Americans
Rumor of Humor #15
Reparations, Social Justice Activity
Rumor of Humor #14
Rumor of Humor #13
Science Monday - Review of Meeting on April 10, 2023
Conversations Re African American Artists Before 1920
Beyond the Village – Suzi and Phil Hoge
Congratulations Wayne April! Honored at UNH
Volunteer Appreciation at the Village
“ACCIDENTAL HOST—The Story of Rat Lungworm Disease”
Pasadenans Recent Experience With Racism
Recent Events Reflecting Racism
Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Photography for Social Justice
BEYOND THE VILLAGE - Catherine Deely
Creative Writing in Older Adults
Gifts of Love
Great Decisions update
Dominion Lawsuit, South Africa and 710 Stub
2023 DEI Progress
BEYOND THE VILLAGE - Doug Colliflower
CONVERSATIONS WITH ART
OLDER ADULTS RESOURCE FAIR
The Important, Influential Books in our Lives - Revisited
History, Resolution of the 710 Freeway
Eminent Domain, 710 Highway
Bernard Garrett, 710 Freeway
Men's Times Gatherings
Pasadena's Senior Commission
BEYOND THE VILLAGE - JIM HENDRICK
GRATITUDE - IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!
JEFF GUTSTADT - FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST
Bernard Garrett, Incredible Black Entrepreneur
What is the "Spirit Talk" Group About?
Same Ol’ New Year, Brand New Me
Review of 2022, Consideration of 2023
BEYOND THE VILLAGE - PATTI LA MARR
FROM THE CHAIR
WALK WITH EASE
Recently Read BooksBy Ms Vyk
The book discussion group operates without a designated leader, and books are selected by its members. Before the pandemic, the group met in members’ living rooms but have continued by Zoom. Recent books read by the group include:
- The Travelling Cat Chronicles
- Hiro Arikawa
- Set in Japan, the cat, Nana, and his owner, Satoru, take off on a trip to visit friends but Nana is unaware of the real purpose of the mission.
- Yellow House
- Sarah M. Broom
- This is a memoir of home and family set in New Orleans, before and after Hurricane Katrina.
- One Drop: my father’s hidden life
- Bliss Broyard
- The daughter of writer Anatole Broyard tells of the search for family history after she and her brother learn as a young adults of their African American roots, a secret her father never shared with them.
- Amina Cain
- A cleaner in a museum, who is captivated by the art, marries a wealthy patron and finds that the life of privilege is more complicated than she expected.
Indelicacy can be purchased at Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena, California.
- Lilac Girls: A Novel
- Martha Hall Kelly
- In this World War II story of resistance three women, an American, a Pole, and a German, are brought together in treacherous circumstances.
- The Rules Do Not Apply
- Ariel Levy
- Levy, a notable writer, tells of love and loss as she gives up the comfortable life in her search for adventure.
- Born a Crime
- Trevor Noah
- The host of “The Daily Show” writes of his life growing up in South Africa
- Michelle Obama
- A memoir by the former First Lady
- Still Life with Breadcrumbs
- Anna Quindlen
- A photography career in decline, Rebecca finds love and many layers of life when out from behind the camera.
- Nothing to See Here
- Kevin Wilson
- An unlikely friendship between Lillian and Madison leads to Lillian’s caring for Madison’s two step-children, who spontaneously combust when agitated