Pasadena Celebrates Older Americans Month
Join us on Tuesday, May 23 from 10 to 1 PM for Pasadena Celebrates Older Americans Month!
Home Instead - Pasadena
- Meet representatives from 50+ businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government entities that serve older adults
- Get to know the Senior Commission and your City Officials
- Try Zumba or Yoga with staff from the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center's Recreational and Therapeutic Programs
- Learn about Alzheimer's Association, California Southland Chapter's programs and services and how we can all be supportive of those with dementia
- Hear how ChapCare serves our community and obtain information on healthcare enrollment for MediCal and MediCare
- Meet fellow older adults over a cup of coffee and light refreshments
- Celebrate your Older Americans Month!
The City of Pasadena Senior Commission and Pasadena Village are hosting the City’s second annual celebration of Older Americans Month. The free event highlights Pasadena’s array of resources for older adults and offers giveaways, food, presentations and much more!
Older Americans Month is celebrated nationwide in May, led by the Federal Administration for Community Living. The 2023 theme is Aging Unbound, which offers an opportunity to explore diverse aging experiences and discuss how communities can combat stereotypes.
Pasadena resources for older adults include world-class healthcare facilities, a vibrant art and culture community, accessible public transportation, numerous senior living communities, and many organizations focused on maintaining the health and well-being of older residents.
Pasadena Transit Dial-A-Ride is offering free rides to residents ages 60+ who are Dial-a-Ride members. To apply for Dial-A-Ride membership, call (626) 791-7200. For all transportation inquiries, visit the Pasadena Transit website.
This event would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. Thank you!
Alzheimer's Association-CA Southland Chapter