Dedicated volunteers—whether members of the Village or from the wider community—contribute in myriad ways to our mission of supporting our members, as they navigate the joys and challenges of aging.
Volunteers contribute to the Pasadena Village in many ways. Some share special skills—leading tours of local museums, giving presentations, assisting with the TravelBuddies program, or providing rides for Village members. Volunteers can help members familiarize themselves with their computers, iPhones, tablets and social media. Volunteers assist with scheduling interesting speakers, setting up Village events, organizing affinity groups and creating new activities for the Village. Others participate in the governance of the Village by serving on the Board and committees.
Help a member at home
- Assist members with one-time or short-term garden projects
- Bring members occasional meals
- Perform minor household repairs
- Provide temporary pet care
- Visit members at home or in the hospital
- Change batteries in smoke alarms
- Help with paperwork
READY TO VOLUNTEER?
If you are interested in volunteering with Pasadena Village we welcome you to contact us at 626-765-6037 or fill out a Volunteer Application to get started.
Share your tech expertise
- Help members at drop-in technology workshops
- Provide one-on-one technology trouble-shooting in a member’s home
- Help with social media
Join a committee
We have member committees working to make our Village a responsive and engaging community. Find a committee that sparks your interest and consider joining.
Become a volunteer driver
- Accompany members to medical, dental and other appointments.
- Bring members to Village events and take them home.
- Drive members to the library, post office, grocery store, or other local businesses
- Provide local, door-to-door transportation
Pasadena Village, 236 W. Mountain Street, #104, Pasadena, California 91103
626-765-6037 • firstname.lastname@example.org