Village Hikers - ArroyoFest
8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Who can attend
For the first time in 20 years, a section of the Pasadena Freeway will close to vehicle traffic so people can walk, bike, skate and run on Sunday morning, October 29.
Please join us as we amble down the 110, from Orange Grove south to Avenue 60 in Highland Park. We’ll exit the freeway at Avenue 60 and walk to Figueroa Street, stop for coffee, then hop on the Metro Rail back to Pasadena. Total distance is approximately 3 miles of relatively flat walking.
Here’s the plan:
- Meet on the fourth level of the Sierra Madre Villa Metro Station at 8:30AM sharp, in front of the turnstiles. Parking is free.
- Catch the 8:43 train to South Pasadena, a ride of about 14 minutes
- Hop off and walk north to the Orange Grove onramp – ½ mile
- Walk south on the freeway to Avenue 60 – 2 miles
- Exit and walk to Figueroa Street for coffee (location TBD) and the Highland Park Metro Station – ½ mile
Depending on where you live, meeting at the Sierra Madre Villa Metro Station may not be as convenient as the Del Mar or Fillmore stations. Or, you may wish to drive to South Pasadena and meet us there. Keep in mind the South Pasadena Metro Station is an event hub and parking in the area may be challenging because of street closures. If you don’t plan to start at the Sierra Madre Villa Station, please contact Jane Hufnagel and we’ll work out alternate logistics.